Monday, April 23, 2012

Memorable Monday #11


And I'm back with my eleventh Memorable Monday! For those who have no clue on what this is, this is a meme hosted by Escape in a Book, where you share a a certain quote that you love- funny, beautiful, or memorable in any way.

How to participate?
1. Share a quote that has captured your interest lately in a Memorable Monday post on your blog.
2. Go here and leave the link to your post in our inlinkz widget.
3. It would be nice if you visited one or two of the other participants.
4. If you tweet your posts then feel free to use the hastag #MemorableMonday

This week, my quote comes from...
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

Okay, so my quote today is pure... stupidity. Ah heck, it made me laugh the first time I read it. ;) You just gotta love Cole!
“My father—” 
“The mad scientist,” I interjected. “Yes, the mad scientist. He used to tell a joke in his
classes. It’s about a frog. I think it’s a frog. It might be a grasshopper. Let’s go with frog. A scientist has a frog and he says, ‘Jump, frog.’ The frog jumps ten feet. The scientist writes down Frog jumps ten feet. Then the scientist chops off one of the frog’s legs and says, ‘Jump, frog,’ and the frog jumps five feet. The scientist writes Cut off one leg, frog jumps five feet. Then he chops off another leg, and says, ‘Jump,’ and the frog jumps two feet. The scientist writes down Cut off two legs, frog jumps two feet. Then he cuts off all the frog’s legs and says, ‘Jump,’ and the frog just lies there. The scientist writes down the conclusions of the test: Cutting off all a frog’s legs makes the subject go deaf.” Cole looked at me. “Do you get it?”

I was indignant. “I’m not a total idiot.”
Heh, that never fails to crack me up! :)

Jen @ Midnight Book Thief

1 comment:

  1. That was quite the gross, but funny, joke ;) Thanks for sharing, Jen :D

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?