Friday, June 29, 2012

Identity Theft: Review



Frank and Joe Hardy, are assigned a fantastic case of stolen identity -- literally! Joy Gallagher claims another girl is now living her life, with her parents, and in her body! Is she insane? Is that why those men in white suits are after her? Or can her story actually be true? Featuring a special guest-appearance by Mr. Snuggles! Ages 8 to 12.
Ha, okay, that summary cracks me up! :D But anyway, on to my review!

So by the time I had read this book, I already loved reading the Hardy Boys novels. This though, was like a whole new experience. 

This graphic novel was a really enjoyable. The illustrations were done nicely, and I liked the way the characters were drawn. But not just the illustrations were good- the plot was really intruiging as well! A girl undergoes plastic surgery- then claims that someone else literally stole her life. But the problem? She's got no proof! What's worse, she looks like a whole new person, but then someone who looks like the old her is now pretending to be her!

So I really liked the whole concept of it- It was really cool, and so unique and unlike anything I've ever read before. There was a lot of danger and suspense- and even death- in this book.

I've read a lot of other graphic novels, but this one is my favorite by far. In fact, I even used it in a report a few years back! So, I give this a 5 star rating. I'm sure that this will remain a favorite for many years to come.

And I'd love to say more, but what else do I talk about? The graphic novel was pretty short, making it a quick enjoyable read. The perfect read to pick up on a lazy afternoon!

On another note...

Emlyn Chand, the author who's hosting this challenge, has been feeling a little bit down recently. It would be great if you dropped by her blog and leave even a little note of encouragement and cheer her up!

Til next time!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?