Monday, July 2, 2012

Guest Post by Meradeth Houston: My Book Buying Obsession

Hey guys! Today, Meradeth Houston, the author of Colors Like Memories has a guest post written, all about her book buying obession. I totally adore this idea, because I might also have a little obsession with buying books... Okay, a huge obsession. :P So enjoy!
My Book Buying Obsession 
Hello, my name is Meradeth, and I have a problem with buying too many books. It all started as a kid and finding that bookstores kind of gave me a high when I’d pick up something new, or (yet another) Babysitters Club. I’d leave the library with a stack of books and loved leafing through the pages. Books were totally addicting! 
It hasn’t gotten any better the older I get. I just have more bookshelves to attempt to be organized. When then I got married, I found out my husband isn’t any better than me! At our previous apartment, we swore to each other we wouldn’t let our books be double-parked on the shelves (where there’s a row of books in front of another row further back on the shelf). That didn’t last long. Before we knew it, we had books triple parked, with volumes piled on top of others. When we moved, we had to rig up a dolly over the edge of our stairs so we didn’t have to run the 50 boxes of heavy books up and down. I think our storage unit is currently half-full of just our books while we wait for our next move. 
  
The worst part? The library in our town has a book sale every couple of months, and on the last day it’s five dollars for a bag of books. Needless to say, we line up with the thirty other early-birds to get more books. I’m pretty sure I’m doomed to have my TBR pile eventually fall on me and I doubt I’ll survive it! Thank heavens we’re both voracious readers, and we do donate a lot of the books we’ve read, but it’s getting pretty ridiculous. There’s just something about books though—I love them! 
I dream of having a big enough house/apartment where I can have my own library, Beauty and the Beast style, with plenty of space for everything. 
 
Thank heavens for my kindle. I can load all I want on there and still have room for shoes in my house.
--- 

A bit about Meradeth Houston:

Meradeth’s never been a big fan of talking about herself, but if you really want to know, here are some random tidbits about her:
>She’s a Northern California girl. This generally means she talks too fast and use "like" a lot.
>When she’s not writing, she’s sequencing dead people’s DNA. For fun!
>She’s been writing since she was 11 years old. It's her hobby, her passion, and she’s so happy to get to share her work!
>If she could have a super-power, it would totally be flying. Which is a little strange, because she’s terrified of heights. 

LINKS!
www.MeradethHouston.com
www.meradethhouston.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/#!/MeradethHouston
www.goodreads.com/book/show/13030422-colors-like-memories
http://www.shelfari.com/books/28925571/Colors-Like-Memories
http://www.facebook.com/ColorsLikeMemories
http://pinterest.com/merbear95695/
Teaser Trailer- http://youtu.be/HFRNJ-Yn7So
Book Trailer- http://youtu.be/7lUpK68bYFI
---

Wow, fifty boxes of books? A dolly rigged especially for books? Who else is thinking of crashing Meradeth's house along with me? ;) And I know I'd love to have a library, Beauty and the Beast style, as well! So thank you so much, Meradeth, for that really fun guest post! And if you want to find out more about her book...
 

Colors Like Memories: GoodReads | Amazon 
Available from MuseItUp Publishing
Julia has a secret: she killed the guy she loved. It was an accident—sort of. Julia is a Sary, the soul of a child who died before taking her first breath. Without this 'breath of life' she and others like her must help those on the verge of suicide. It's a job Julia used to enjoy, until the accident that claimed her boyfriend’s life—an accident she knows was her fault. If living with the guilt weren't enough, she's now assigned to help a girl dealing with the loss of her mother, something Julia's not exactly the best role model for. If she can't figure out a way to help her, Julia's going to lose her position in the Sary, something she swore to her boyfriend would never happen. 
So don't forget to buy a copy of her book! Hope you enjoyed her post!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me! This post was too fun to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You house sounds like Heaven to me. I am with Jen, I wold crash at your house. Just expect some raiding afterward LMAO! But I know what you mean. I have so many books I need to read that have just been sitting around staring at me. And Amazon is great, but my books have added up a lot on there. Those free deals will get you. I have a little over 600 on there alone. That doesn't count the ones through Kobo and Barnes and Noble, but luckily those together don't add up to 100, so that is good. Awesome post. Glad to meet another addict LOL! Great post guys, it was a blast to read.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?