Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stacking the Shelves #5: The Marketplace Fail Edition



How to Participate?

Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!

You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!

Feel free to post your Stacking the Shelves any day that fits you.

Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you!

Visit other participants link to find out what they added to their shelves!
---

Okay, so I've recently just tried buying these books from Amazon. And yeah, it was sort of a fail, hence the post title.


It was the very first time I had tried ordering from Amazon. And not just Amazon itself- but the marketplace too. They look okay, right? But one of them? Eh, not so much...


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer: GoodReads | Amazon
Masque of the Red Death: GoodReads | Amazon

I've been dying for both of these books, so I couldn't resist! I got The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer from the marketplace for a pretty good price, so I'm pretty happy about that. And I'm really excited to read Masque of the Red Death too- I mean, look at that creepy cover! :D


White Cat: GoodReads | Amazon
Red Glove: GoodReads | Amazon

Aaand this is where things went bad. You see, I love Holly Black, so I just had to buy her books. I got Red Glove from the marketplace, and it's in perfect condition. But White Cat? 

The good side: Got it for a dollar. 
The bad side: The book was totally dead. 
Look:


I was sooo freaking pissed! I think the seller even claimed it was in good condition or something, so that's why I chose it! But noo, there's writing all over the edges, and the cover's bent. Up until then, I didn't even know it was possible to destroy a hardbound book! But yeah, after this experience, I've certainly grown wary of Amazon Marketplace. :/ 

So yeah, that's my haul for the week, and my epic fail in online shopping. What about you? Any new books? Any epic fails when shopping online? And who knows, ten years from now, we'll all look back at this experience and laugh at it. Hopefully. :P

Jen

12 comments:

  1. I always try not to buy used books. This is why sometimes I go digital a lot more. No way the book can be messed with or not. Amazon Marketplace is dangerous. Great haul though. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so annoying! Once I bought a book from Amazon Marketplace that said "New condition" and then when the paperback came in, the edges were folded and worn down and everything! -.- I was so annoyed so I know how you feel! I hope you enjoy your other books though! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read White Cat. I hope you enjoy your books! :)

    STS: http://shatterbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-2.html

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Shelf! I like your blog too! I'm a new follower :)

    Here's mine: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven'y tried Marketplace, I am to scared I will pay for something and never get it or something. But it seems like yours mostly went well! my Stacking the shelves and Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww - sorry that book didn't come in good condition * horrible on the sellers part* - Thank goodness it was only $1.00. I do hope you'll enjoy your other books though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice haul! such a shame about the book though.

    Happy reading!

    Sharon @ http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/sunday-post-stacking-shelves-15th-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow too bad about that damaged book! Did the seller have good feedback? I've been buying from the Amazon marketplace for a long time and have never had a problem like that. :( I hope it doesn't turn you away from it, because that's definitely a one off!

    Great books though! I'm DYING to read Masque of the Red Death! I hope we both love it. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I hope you're ok! I always buy books new as I'm weary of the conditon they will arrive in! Masque of the Red Death is awesome though! That will make up for the bad book!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about the fail! That can be uber frustrating. I've heard good things about the Curse Worker series so hope you enjoy it. Masque of the Red Death looks really good too. Enjoy!

    Here's a link to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, the Marketplace also sells some new ones, most at a cheaper price. But yeah, there's also a lot of used ones. Thanks anyway! :D And yeah, you should try it out- you can pretty much get a good bargain if you're lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?