Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Iron Fey #3- The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa: Review


My name is Meghan Chase. 
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. 
This time, there will be no turning back.
Oh. My. Gosh. I'm speechless. This book was just... Ugh, I can't find the proper words! But in three words? I. LOVED. THIS. So so so soooooo much! I would have had reviewed The Iron Daughter, but I didn't want to stop reading, and I plowed straight through The Iron Queen. It did NOT disappoint. 

The Awesome
Everything. I read The Iron King, and I loved it. I read the Iron Daughter, and I loved it even more. Well, guess what? The Iron Queen surpassed both books. Do you guys have any idea just how high my expectations were, yet they were exceeded? Damn it, there wasn't a single thing I hated about it- except that it had to come to an end!

To be more specific...

The plot. Ahh, I loved the plot. Meghan, Ash, and Puck must work together to defeat the False King- the one who pretends to be the new Iron King. They journey throughout the Iron Realm to find his identity and kill him, in order to save both Summer and Winter. The plot was filled with action, with one adventure after another, with heart wrenching romance, hilarious moments, painful goodbyes, and so much more. 

The ending. Gah, that ending! It was heartbreaking! It almost made me cry! And I never cry. Ever. Not once have I cried over a book, but the ending of The Iron Queen almost made me break down in tears! Ahhh, how could Kagawa have ended it like that? It was the ultimate sacrifice, the most painful ending I have ever read. 

The Rating
 6 stars, all the way. If I could, I've give it a bazillion stars, but hey, I'm guessing that would be a tad bit unrealistic. :P But seriously, I've never connected with a book as much as I did with The Iron Queen. I want to live in this book- I don't want this series to end! It has everything that I'm looking for, yet so much more than I expected. 

Ahhh, I want to go to Julie Kagawa, look her in the eye... And tackle her with a big hug. I want to thank her for creating such a wonderful world that I've experienced like none other. Seriously, how does she do this? Reduce me into a gushing fangirl, barely coherent?

The Iron Knight, here I come!

Jen @ Midnight Book Thief
----------
Enjoyed this book as much as I did? :) If you have reviewed this book, leave a link! I want to see what others thought of this book which I so obviously adored!

Care to Share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?