Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Soul Screamers #2- My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent: Review

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies. 
So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul. 
The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can't possibly understand. 
Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk….

My Soul to Save has always been one my favorites in this series. (Right after If I Die!) I even enjoyed it more than My Soul to Take! What I loved the most was the plot of the story. It was totally original, and so twisted. So very twisted.

Addison Page is a famous teen popstar. Why? Because she sold her soul to a hellion. Being Tod's former girlfriend, Kaylee and Nash must help her save her soul, along with a certain reaper's help.  Okay, I loved the suspense and the tension. Throughout the book, I kept on thinking, "How will they do it?" It totally seemed impossible! But trust Kaylee to come up with something. I can't help but admire her resourcefulness- she always finds a way to make it out of an impossible situation- alive.

Bt you know what really killed me? The ending. It was utterly heartbreaking. I won't spoil what happened for those who haven't read it yet- but trust me, the ending was the ultimate act of sacrifice.

On a brighter note, we get to see more character developments! We now know that Kaylee's smarter than we think, and Nash... Well, Nash can be capable of fury and snapping at someone. :P Tod though- we get to see a side of him we haven't seen before. Tod isn't just all snark and sarcasm- he has a soft side too. We see just how loyal he can be to those he loves, and I love him for that. He was willing to give up anything just to save Addy's soul. And not only that, who knew our favorite reaper could be reduced to a blushing schoolboy in the presence of a thousand year old reaper? Now that Tod was way adorable! ;)

The Rating 
So before I spend anothor paragraph droning on how much I love Tod, I'm giving this book 5 stars. Yes, another full star rating. I just can't help it; I love these books so much! :D

Cover Wars
So once again, I'm gonna ask: Which one do you prefer? US or UK edition?

 

Personally, I'm in favor of the US edition. The UK one kinda freaks me out. Those eyes, freakishly staring at you, deep into your soul.....

BOO!

Jen @ Midnight Book Thief

----------
Any thoughts on this book (and Tod)? ;) Which cover do you like better? And if you signed up for the SSRC as well, leave your link! :D

Care to Share?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?