Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays (11/8/11): Books That Were Outside Of My Comfort Zone

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join. Just link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!

Here's this week topic:

Top Ten Books That I Read That Were Outside Of My Comfort Zone

This looks hard. To be honest, I don't think they will reach ten, so I shall cheat. (In a way...)


10. Saving My First Kiss by Lisa Velthouse
Now, I don't read inspirational books, but I had to read this for school. Needless to say, I didn't like it. I would have been much happier with a paranormal book. 









9. Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris
Yet another inspirational book. Which I, once again, did not enjoy. I like action, suspense, mystery, or anything paranormal in my books. This had none of these.
I guess others would like this, but this is not my genre.







8-3. Seven Deadly Sins Series by Robin Wasserman



Told you I cheated. Now, since I haven't read Lust yet, then this counts as six books. :P I don't like books about high school drama, but since I read something about a death, then I picked it up. The series is actually okay, if you like contemporary books.

2. The Seven Kingdoms #2- Fire by Kristin Cashore 
I never read those fantasy books set in another world. The names of people and places freak me out. But the cover is amazing, right? However, I'm so happy friend forced me to read this. Fire was a decent read, with the only problem being Fire. But then, that's just because the first book in the series raised my expectations really high up.





1. The Seven Kingdoms #1- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
I love the cover. So much. Katsa is one of my favorite kick-ass heroines ever! The story was totally unique, too! Imagine a world where Gracelings- people whose eye colors are different, and are graced with a power- are shunned and feared. But it's Katsa's Grace that I loved. Seriously, this book has adventure, romance, suspense... Just look at the cover! It tells it all.



So did you recognize any books from my list? What was your TTT? Leave a link and I'll drop by! :) 

Jen @ Midnight Book Thief

6 comments:

  1. I read Graceling this year - it was so good- I need to read the other books in the series. Interesting list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read too many paranormal books, but I generally have one or two favorites.
    Here's my post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Graceling - I thought it was great. And just like you, Fire was a little meh for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only heard of Graceling. I heard it was amazing. I own it but haven't read it or Fire. I've heard of Robin Wasserman but haven't heard of that series. May have to check it out!

    Unique list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently got Fire and I've had Graceling for awhile, but I'm a little skeptical about reading them because I don't read a lot of fantasy. I get so confused with the names of the characters and place, but I've heard so many good things about these two books.

    I love the covers you have here rather then the ones that are on my books. These covers are a little be more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tanya- I know right? I mean, that book is the only reason why I'm giving fantasy a chance! :)

    @GF Book Mom- Paranormal books are the best! Well, for me anyway. We all have our favorite genres, don't we? ;)

    @Alexa- I know!!! Katsa was so hardcore, and Fire was like a wimp compared to her! Can't wait for Bitterblue!

    @Fiktshun- Graceling is so good! The only fantasy book I've read, but I loved it! Plus, Bitterblue will be out soon, so now's a great time to start! :) Robin's books are kinda okay, but not exactly 6 stars books... I dunno with Skinned though, I haven't read it yet. I'll try to soon. :D

    @Ashley- You're just like me! :) Just give it a chance, I know I'm glad I did. I totally love the covers for Graceling and Fire- I think the ones I used were the UK covers. The US covers aren't that good compared to the UK ones. In my opinion anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?