Sunday, October 30, 2011

Great Halloween Reads

So I love to read paranormal books. And sometimes, horror books. And well, since its Halloween, when's the better time to read it? There are those books that get your heart racing, that make you look over your shoulder to check that you really are alone, that make you jump at the tiniest sound... and change the way you look at things- like your siblings- forever. (Dramatic much? :D)

Here are my picks for great reads during Halloween:

First up is The Devouring trilogy by Simon Holt!



These books are really great! The perfect treat for Halloween. To check them out, just click on their covers to be linked to GoodReads. Add them to your TBR pile; you surely won't regret it! Once I had finished The Devouring, I gobbled up Soulstice within a day or two. Sadly though, I didn't have a copy of Fearscape yet. But, I am happy to report that I just bought a copy a few days ago, and I can't wait to finish reading it, and finally discover what happens to Reggie! And if you're little brother is acting strangely, then you really must check these out. :)

Next up: Possessions trilogy and Pretty Little Devils by Nancy Holder!




Seriously creepy stack of books up there. You can tell from the gorgeous covers, can't you? Once again, I have yet to read the Screaming Season... *note to self: must get a copy soon!* But yeah, Possessions is really disturbing, and really creepy. In a good way I guess. Same with Pretty Little Devils. You're never going to look at a babysitter the same way again. Plus, the ending is a total killer. You'll see once you read it...

And lastly... Bad Girls Don't Die trilogy by Katie Alender!



Don't you just love the covers? Especially the third one, with the little girl staring at you... *shudders* So the first two books have already been released, and the third one will be out soon, I think. I've only read the first one, because I can't find the second book anywhere! Ugh. Anyway, if you have a little sister, you MUST read this book! So. Terrifying. And if you collect dolls, too! :P

So that's about it. These books are great reads, and I really recommend that you read them.

One more thing! Once Upon a Twilight is having a Mega Halloween Giveaway! Click here. Good luck! :)

Jen @ Midnight Book Thief

--------------
What are your Halloween picks? Any other scary must reads out there? Discovered any new books from this post? Let me know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?