Monday, March 26, 2012

Memorable Monday #8




And I'm back with my eighth Memorable Monday! For those who have no clue on what this is, this is a meme hosted by Escape in a Book, where you share a a certain quote that you love- funny, beautiful, or memorable in any way.

How to participate?
1. Share a quote that has captured your interest lately in a Memorable Monday post on your blog.
2. Go here and leave the link to your post in our inlinkz widget.
3. It would be nice if you visited one or two of the other participants.
4. If you tweet your posts then feel free to use the hastag #MemorableMonday

This week, my quote comes from... 
(Image is linked to GoodReads)
Being the first female werecat enforcer isn't easy. Scars accumulate, but I'm stronger in so many ways. 
As for my personal life? It's complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother's death and my father's impeachment, it's all I can do to prevent more blood from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe. 
With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option...
So I totally had another quote prepared for today, but I just finished reading this one yesterday, and this quote below just stuck with me. Here it is:

“Justice is for the victim.” 

Kick. 

“Vengeance is for the survivor.”

It just got me thinking. I never knew just how true it is! And this series, though its not YA (and within good reason!), is amazing, and I really recommend that you read this! Oh, and if you're interested, read my three sentence review here, which pretty much sums up the whole series. ;)

Jen @ Midnight Book Thief

3 comments:

  1. Here to checking your captcha. (Don't feel bad, for a while I didn't know mine was on either!)
    Nope, it is not there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good series. And I love your three sentence review ;)

    The quote you chose is definitely something that gets you thinking. And I think it's also very true.

    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this quote! It is simple, and yet I never would have thought to put it down like this in those words. Really like it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?