Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #6- The Girl in the Clockwork Collar


In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous.
Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves.

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.

I LOVED the first book in this series, The Girl in the Steel Corset, and I can't wait to read the sequel! The first book left such a huge cliffhanger, plus the summary of the sequel sounds so mysterious... I can't wait to see how Finley and her friends will fare in New York... And heck, that clockwork collar is such a cool invention! I really wanna read this book now! :D

So what was your pick?

Jen @ Midnight Book Thief

Care to Share?  

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I have book 1 in my tbr pile. Can't wait to read it.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really intriguing! And I love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great!

    Look on my blog for my pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first but haven't read it yet. I might just have to now since this looks so good.


    My WoW

    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good - though I have to be honest and say I don't really care for the cover....

    Here's my WoW: http://tinyurl.com/7lgscsz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to read the first book in this series for awhile now! Glad to see the second already has a cover :)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! I still haven't read the first book, but it's on my tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In case you didn't know, this one is on NetGalley now :)
    I have got to stop messing around and read the first book, I don't think I've heard a single bad thing about it. New follower here!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really not big into Steampunk, but I've heard great things about the first book...might need to break out of my comfort zone and give this series a whirl. Cute blog; new follower! Feel free to stop by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh sounds very cool! I liked the first one. Thanks very much for visiting Geek Chic and entering my giveaway! I replied to your comment, if you're interested :)

    ~Mag @ Geek Chic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also very excited when I learned that the location was moving to New York.
    Can't wait to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first book was one of the first Galleys I ever got, so I'm excited, too! *g* Great pick! <3

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?