Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #5- Black Heart by Holly Black


Cassel Sharpe knows he’s been used as an assassin, but he’s trying to put all that behind him. He’s trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He’s trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he’s trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he’s been raised to believe the government is the enemy.

But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what’s right and what’s wrong becomes increasingly blurred. When the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what’s a con and what’s truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet—this time on love.
I am sooo excited for this book to come out! I LOVE the Curse Workers series! Its the one of the best darkest fantasies out there! I need this book now! I need to know what happens to Cassel and Lila, and now that I've read the summary, the mystery and tension just piles up!

On a side note...

WHY OH WHY DID THEY CHANGE THE COVER! Seriously, publishers should not do this on the last book of the series! Books with non-matching covers suck! And look- the original cover is WAY prettier yet more appropriate for this series!


Hmph. I am not happy with this. But in spite of my cover griping, I still can't wait to read it!

Jen @ Midnight Book Thief

Care to Share?  

4 comments:

  1. I'm exciting for this book as well. I wonder if maybe the book cover has changed because one is going to be an international cover? I hate when I fall in love with a cover and they change it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    New Follower here via email
    Please feel free to visit my WOW
    http://missvainsparanormalfantasy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't read the series yet but omg... I totally love the new cover ;) Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up a Holly Black book. I just can't get to everything that I would like to. Great pick.
    New follower.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there with your mouth hanging open. Flies will get in. Why don't you leave a comment instead and allow me to get a peek of those thoughts running in that brain of yours?